Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Skirting the issue


It often happens that I find a link to a website, follow it and glance at the article.  I’m lured there by the title of the article; it promises information that I’m looking for or might be interested in.  The issue is the content of the site.  It doesn’t thoroughly address the subject of the title.  There is no meat to the content.  This is something that happens more often than I like.  The worst part is trying to write about it without doing the same thing.  The clearest I can put this is to give an example.  I see a lead for a posting that offers information on using social media.  The title implies that I’ll be able use what I have to my best advantage.  When I reach the site, what I find is some mumbling , a “look what I can do” message or an unconvincing sales pitch.  I’m all for ecommerce, but isn’t there a better way?

No comments:

Post a Comment