Friday, September 23, 2011

Edit, Edit, Edit

Don’t ask me how many times I’ve read my books.  Too many, some would say.   From conception to final edit, I’ve gone over my work hundreds of times.  And yet I wouldn’t trade those hours for the world.  The reason is that the process of creating the books and getting them to print has given me the greatest pleasure.  When anyone tells me that I’ve done nothing, I can swiftly contradict them.  I’m surrounded by notebooks and journals and sketchbooks filled with my ideas.  Some have been left for another time, others may find their way to other imaginations and then there are the books.  However, I must edit the first book again and prepare it for publishing.  It’s daunting, it takes days to finish, but the end result may be a masterpiece.                                                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment