Thursday, October 6, 2011

Hills


I went for a walk this morning.  That doesn’t seem like much, but this was a walk I had promised myself weeks ago.  It’s not that I haven’t been on walks, but that it was this particular one that was missing.  It’s like this; I live on the depositional side of the Willamette River.  The house I live in was built on those deposits and sits on the lower side of the bank.  Behind and above me are the hills which helped to make “the flats”.  So when I say particular walk, I mean an uphill jaunt into the hills.  I had explored the area once this summer, when the temperature allowed, but today was perfect weather for it.  Some people have called the area Salem’s Riviera because of the narrow twisting streets, some of which are still unpaved.  I found it fascinating and plan to go back despite protesting lungs and protesting knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment