Thursday, February 23, 2012

Stuck in Limbo


The time has come.  I’m stuck in West Salem and it’s as good as being in Limbo.  I’ve tried several methods of avoiding this, but now with the news that gas prices are soaring even higher, my hopes of moving about as I please have vanished.  Even getting to the other side of the river is a big production.  It wouldn’t be so difficult, but I’ve developed a phobia of sorts.  On certain bridges I get the willies and it really isn’t safe for me to cross them; most notably the ones that span the Willamette River in Portland.  I also have an aversion to the walking bridge in Salem.  I see many people using it, and I envy them. Although I’ve made the crossing before, an attempt just the other day ended in stomach butterflies and failure.   I just don’t have the fortitude to walk across it again, at least for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment